Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Everything Works if you let it

Part of the search for gold here in California comes with the territory. You know what mines have been picked...and you know what's fool's gold:

"Yeah, they're original episodes of Soul Train and everything, back from the '70s!"
Hmmm...why are there Japanese characters all over the screen?

"It's a cozy 1 bedroom...there's parking, it's not a busy street so it's not had to find a spot."
Who builds a place in Los Angeles withOUT parking?

For months, I have searched for new video swank, a new place to live, and the continued search for the drink. Vacancies would taunt me...collectors would have nothing new to trade but would love a copy of my stuff...I was buying drink at an alarming rate. And just 1 week ago, I was fearing the sad realization: this search will last into the dankness that is the summer, all of this during the time I'd rather be in a customized van, driving through the canyons to Malibu while Suburban Lawns plays on the stereo. That's what I have planned. Fuck, I'd even settle for a compact car and REO Speedwagon as long as we're on the right track. But depression got a hold on me and I feared having to step everything up: living search, new videos, more beer. But then everything turned right.

There's a new place with all new shit. There's new video gold from vaults that aren't to be opened. And...yeah, I still have to buy more drink. But this weekend, my last in a certain decade, I let it be Lowenbrau. It's all happening.

Oh yeah, summertime in southern California? I believe "swank" is the usual response.

No comments: