Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Whip me, Beat me, Make me write bad checks

This is a rare moment for me, with work briefly subsiding as the sun sets on the end of November. Turning the speaker on its side, I gotta think about Devo. The start of all of their songs is eerily similar. Sometimes it just keeps that same thing up for three minutes. You ask for that small figure of life back. But then...sometimes, about a minute in, the lever is pushed up. They have something. It's unique. A voice. Something to admire in times of pap.

I still have Thanksgiving food in my fridge.

In my cupboards, all over the fucking place. I love the wild turkey (drink and meal) but I'm done doing the cooking for a while. Spending time in the kitchen to make the meal that you could get at a diner (aside from the processed Turkey loaf, which tastes like tires soaking in the ocean) any damn time. I guess that Tupperware of Stove Top is going to get some cheese on top and be washed down with some Jimmy Beam.

Don't be fooled: San Diego is not a "mini-LA"

It's cool to say this. It would sum up the feelings of people who want to live/stay in LA but just don't have the ka-jones to do so. But it's not. There's more homeless people than ATMs in San Diego. It's colder (on the water, sucka). It has a train that goes places. It has a lot of one-way streets. You can walk to a lot of things. But the best of all? It has a lot of high priced restaurants that will do ANYTHING to get people in. They're all over the place. So do your fucking homework. If the place is actually called Mr. Tiki Mai Tai Lounge, you'd better go there...and flirt with the waitress and give her a tip smaller than she expects. She had an attitude anyway. You will also down a giant Mai Tai that makes you so hungry you can barely eat. Then, as you watch the Hawaii/Wisconsin game on a big TV (out of place in a restaurant of this style, but the programming fit right in) have another drink. Pace yourself, dummy, you just put away a lot of bird.

The Texas football coach is starting to piss me off

If you were the coach, you'd be wearing at least a cowboy hat and an elliptical belt buckle. If natives would let you, you'd go farther. Why? Why the fuck not? Look, June Jones wears a lei around his neck. Jerry Glanville would have his players wearing black in a night game at a grocery store parking lot. What does this tell you? The school doesn't give a shit. So make it happen.

Notre Dame isn't that good, which is a phrase you've heard before

My job is not limited to the day-to-day volleys of question/answer. Coming soon, I will see if, in fact, Notre Dame IS a bigger draw to a bowl game. Let's see...the combined winning percentage of the teams they defeated is .450. Only 3 have winning records. Blah blah blah playoff blah blah.

Come on, Clippers!

Do it for the south side. Do it for Kobe and his tights. Do it to show the fans you've overcome a moron owner and GM. Do it because Hulk Hogan is on your team. Do it before Sam gets injured. Do it so I can see LA people figure out when to get excited about them, and what to do if they win.

Find me the cheesy chips...it's drinky time. I've said enough.

No comments: